(Sponsored post) This newest variation within the full-metal G-SHOCK GMWB5000 series, which deftly blends a variety of new materials within a favorite G-SHOCK vintage collection, incorporates darkened titanium into the square-face design.
Retaining plenty of the DNA of the original – the legendary G-SHOCK DW-5000C – this new model GMWB5000TB-1 features lightweight, easy-on-the-wrist titanium within its case, band, bezel, and back cover. Titanium is notorious as being a material that is difficult to work with, and its application in this model represents a significant achievement.
And G-SHOCK creates something extra special with titanium for the GMWB5000TB-1. G-SHOCK finishes the surface of the metal with a diamond like carbon (DLC) coating that not only looks extra cool with its matte black hue, but also serves to protect the watch against scratching and other damage. The darkened case and bezel frames a distinctive brick pattern on the face.
In the years since that original DW-5000C, G-SHOCK has developed a host of technological advances, and many have been aimed squarely at improving an already tough set of shock-resistance features. Many of those features are found on the new GMWB5000TB-1.
For example, with the advent of a new three-pronged lug structure, shocks to the connecting pipes and button shafts are dispersed. In addition, G-SHOCK also now inserts fine-resin cushioning parts between the bezel case and the inner case. Besides achieving a highly accurate fit, this structure cushions the any blow to the watch.
Unknown thirty-five years ago, two-way time sync is today made possible thanks to Bluetooth Connectivity and the G-SHOCK app, as well as G-SHOCK’s Multi-Band 6 Atomic Timekeeping technology, which provides accurate timekeeping virtually anywhere via radio signals from up to six different transmitters worldwide.
The GMWB5000TB-1 also incorporates a super illuminator LED light and solar battery. This means the watch is fully capable of self-charging.
Finally, the LED backlight on the GMWB5000TB-1 illuminates the LCD with super clear high-brightness light. An opening provided in the center of the dial suppresses reflections of outside light to improve the LCD’s visibility with greater contrast and a wider viewing angle. In fact, the LED backlight also detects ambient light in the surroundings automatically, and switches on with a tilt of the wrist in the dark. New features such as fade in/out and LED light add further versatility. Price: $1,550 and available at G-SHOCK retailers, including select Macy's, select jewelers, gshock.com and the G-SHOCK Soho Store.
Specifications for G-SHOCK GMWB5000TB-1
• Shock Resistant
• Screw Lock Back
• Sapphire Glass with non-reflective coating
• Diamond Like Coating
• 200-meter water resistance
• Case / bezel material: Titanium
• Solid Band
• One-touch 3-fold Clasp
• Titanium Band
• Tough Solar (Solar powered)
• LED backlight (Super illuminator)
• Full auto LED light, selectable illumination duration (2 seconds or 4 seconds), afterglow
• *Time calibration signal reception
• Auto receive up to six* times a day (remaining auto receives canceled as soon as one is successful)
• Manual receive
• The latest signal reception results
• Mobile link (Wireless linking using Bluetooth®)
• 5 World time
• 39 time zones (39 cities +coordinated universal time), daylight saving on/off, Home city/World time city swapping, auto summer time (DST) switching
• 1/100-second stopwatch
• Measuring capacity: 00'00''00~59'59''99 (for the first 60 minutes)
• 1:00'00~23:59'59 (after 60 minutes)
• Measuring unit: 1/100 second (for the first 60 minutes)
• 1 second (after 60 minutes)
• Measuring modes: Elapsed time, split time, 1st-2nd place times
• Countdown timer
• Measuring unit: 1 second
• Countdown range: 24 hours
• Countdown start time setting range: 1 minute to 24 hours (1-minute increments and 1-hour increments)
• 5 daily alarms (with 1 snooze alarm)
• Hourly time signal
• Low battery alert
• Power Saving (display goes blank to save power when the watch is left in the dark)
• Full auto-calendar (to year 2099)
• 12/24-hour format
• Button operation tone on/off
• Date/month display swapping
• Day display (days of the week selectable in six languages)
• Regular timekeeping: Hour, minute, second, pm, month, date, day
• Accuracy: ±15 seconds per month (with no signal calibration and mobile link function)
• Approx. battery operating time:
• 10 months on rechargeable battery (operation period with normal use without exposure to light after charge)
• 22 months on rechargeable battery (operation period when stored in total darkness with the power save function on after full charge)
• LED: White
• Size of case: 49.3×43.2×13mm
• Total weight: 110g