(Sponsored post) Now with a new case design, the G-SHOCK MUDMASTER GGB100-1A3 also includes new sensors and an emphasis on G-SHOCK’s innovative Carbon Core Guard construction.
Carbon Core Guard, which G-SHOCK is incorporating into several new models this year, integrates the carbon case and stainless steel and/or resin back cover into a single unit that protects the timekeeping module within from external shock. As a bonus, these protections have made it possible for G-SHOCK to eliminate the familiar guard parts from the buttons on the sides of the case.
G-SHOCK uses high-tech carbon fiber here because it’s a perfect material to use to build an ultra-tough watchcase. Carbon has ten times the strength of iron at one-fourth its weight, and acquires excellent shock absorption.
The new green-strapped MUDMASTER GGB100-1A3 revels in its new carbon insert sheath by exposing the familiar carbon fiber pattern (often found on racecars) within the bezel. G-SHOCK coats the top layer of the bezel with a clear fine resin to expose its carbon fiber insert bezel. On the back, the GGB100-1A3 features a stainless-steel panel that keeps the watch airtight, as well as a fine resin caseback to retain its shock resistance.
In perfect MUDMASTER style, the caseback design is inspired from the gasoline tanks carried on off-road vehicles often used on rough roads.
Within this tough exterior, G-SHOCK now includes quad sensors, one of those an accelerometer for step tracking. Other sensors include those that read direction, atmospheric pressure and temperature.
Many additional features make the GGB100-1A3 the perfect watch to accompany you on your next road trip. Enabled thanks to the G-SHOCK Connected app, these include:
• Mission Log function: The altitude measured by the watch and the course obtained from a smartphone’s GPS are automatically recorded to an app. An altitude point can be manually acquired and plotted on the map.
• Calorimeter: By measuring altitude and step count, the watch can calculate calories burned by taking into account altitude variations.
• Location Indicator: Records current location in an app. Display shows recorded destinations by the seconds hand, and the distance on the LCD.
• Mode/display switching customization
• Automatic time adjustment
• Automatic altitude adjustment
• World time for over 300 cities
• Phone Finder
Specifications: G-SHOCK MUDMASTER GGB100-1A3
• Smartphone link functions (see above)
• Digital compass
• Step counter
• Sunrise/sunset time display
• World Time
• 1/100-second stopwatch
• Daily alarm
• Auto double LED lights (Super Illuminator)